Technical Writer - Contractor
It’s an exciting time to be at Impinj. We have connected over 25 billion items to the digital world allowing businesses to analyze and use data about those items to improve efficiencies, increase sales, and delight customers. Join Impinj and help us realize our vision to deliver digital life to everyday items such as retail apparel, medical supplies, luggage, automobile parts and more, extending the reach of the Internet by a factor of 1,000.
We're looking for an experienced Technical Writer - Contractor to join our software development team. You will be creating documentation and content supporting all development interfaces (APIs and SDKs) for our platform and embedded components. You will leverage your technical skills to review git repositories and collaborate with engineers to create developer focused documentation and code samples for both new products, as well as maintaining existing products through updates. The documentation and content you create will empower developers to create technical solutions to real world problems using our RAIN RFID platform.
What you will do:
- Create documentation and content aimed at our partners and outside developers to help them implement real world solutions using our RAIN RFID platform.
- Review code samples, git repositories and collaborate with engineers and designers to create clear and effective technical documents.
- You'll use your love of technology to help communicate to a technical audience the possibilities of what can accomplished with our RAIN RFID platform.
- Interact with developers and customers and draw upon their feedback to update and refine a library of technical documents.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- You have several years of experience developing clear technical documentation which empowers engineers to solve real world problems. Your documents clearly answer the "How do we..." and "Is it possible to..." questions raised by developers.
- You are also familiar with at least one composition and build system and/or static site generator for technical documentation (e.g. slate, sphinx, docbook, github pages, jekyll)
- You like to take the initiative and create a path of clarity through a cloud of ambiguity. You know how to ask the right questions and research the right answers.
- The ability to iterate quickly and tackle multiple projects at once.
- You should be committed to a collaborative, respectful, accountable and inquisitive work style and working environment
Impinj is a fantastic place to work. We're small enough to know everyone, but big enough to have room to grow. We have open Q&A with our executive team weekly. We work in beautiful new offices in South Lake Union. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments, and value collaboration and teamwork highly. We're on a mission to change the world with technology. Come join us.
We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply.