Marketing Manager, Orbit
Orbit is seeking a Marketing Manager to develop and execute creative and exciting marketing campaigns for our frontlist and key backlist titles, with a strong emphasis on social media marketing and advertising. Reporting to the Associate Publisher, our new Marketing Manager will be joining a dynamic and successful team publishing a wide range of award-winning and bestselling Science Fiction and Fantasy authors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute frontlist marketing campaigns for the Orbit and Redhook imprints.
- Spearhead marketing activity for our “New Voices” debut author program.
- Manage year-round marketing campaigns for key backlist titles.
- Report on campaign activity and share campaign analytics to internal and external partners.
- Work collaboratively with our channel marketing, editorial, art, and publicity teams.
- Prepare schedules and agendas for campaign planning meetings and US/UK marketing calls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience developing and deploying social media marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Understanding of effective book publishing marketing strategies and ability to develop creative approaches to achieving marketing goals.
- Ability to work independently and be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
- Good knowledge of Science Fiction and Fantasy and the market.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.