Marketing Manager, Little, Brown
Little, Brown, a division of Hachette Book Group, seeks a Marketing Manager to join our team to manage title campaigns and brand marketing across imprints.
- Work closely with authors and agents, as well as editorial and publicity, on about 20-25 book campaigns a year
- Executes marketing campaigns for new hardcover titles from established and debut authors and optimizes campaigns for the paperback publications
- Communicate directly with authors and agents to present, refine, and execute marketing plans
- Work with authors to maximize campaign effectiveness including increasing social media platforms and working collaboratively to build author brand
- Actively participates in and leads internal meetings, as well as meetings with authors, agents, and sales
- Incorporate insights and data about available audiences for each book that we publish and ways to reach them through advertising, promotion and social media while also keeping up-to-date on new platforms and marketing methods
- Manage promotion plans and budgets for each title campaign
- Pitch organizations, VIPs, social media influencers, and partners for cross-promotional opportunities for single titles as appropriate
- Strategize and contribute to social media for the imprints
- Contribute to the growth and creation imprint newsletter lists and other digital platforms, managing website updates as needed.
- BS. degree in marketing or related field
- 4 years’ experience in marketing with a demonstrated ability to innovate, manage high-profile initiatives, and deliver results
- Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools including email, social media marketing, and search
- Experience presenting in front of large groups including internal meetings and with outside clients
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team, while also having full ownership of your work and autonomy to craft and implement plans for your titles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in marketing research, digital/statistical analytics, and social media tracking tools
- Proactive problem solver who is collaborative, highly organized, self-motivated, goal-driven, and detail-oriented
- Photoshop/InDesign experience, knowledge of video editing, WordPress, and animation programs a plus
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.