- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
MotionAi brings together the leading high-tech automation solution providers for industrial automation across the United States. Our expertise includes emerging automation technologies with focused disciplines in robotics, motion control, machine vision, digital networking/IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), industrial framing, pneumatics and custom mechatronic systems. MotionAi provides best-in-class engineered systems, products and services to a variety of industries highlighting a few which include semiconductor, pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, medical, logistics, Food & Beverage, Packaging, automotive, and aerospace.
MotionAi offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
If you have a knack for keeping projects moving as a liaison between sales and engineering we want you! Motion Automation offers a defined career path with opportunities for advancement which goes along with supporting continuing education through our tuition assistance program. We are fast growing and looking for top talent, take a look at the job.
This highly rewarding position allows you to interact with operations through effective project planning, establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders, efficient utilization of resources, creation of high quality projects and on-time delivery of assigned projects.
• Serve as the applications engineering leader and SME
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Hire and mentor engineering staff members
• Supervise a group of applications engineers to include performance evaluations, timesheets and daily office management.
• Ensure employees are adequately trained to meet production expectations.
• Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by the engineering staff.
• Primary liaison between sales and operations.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Write and submit change orders to customers or key stakeholders.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and negotiate an outcome that meets the needs of the company and client.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation in accordance with the Motion Automation ISO- 9001 requirements.
• Development of scopes of work, cost estimates and proposals in conjunction with the applications group.
• Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
• Minimum of 4 years of engineering management experience in industrial automation or related field.
• Minimum of 8 years of hands on automation experience including hardware design, PLC/HMI programming and systems design.
• Experience with RSLogix 5000, 500, Factory Talk View and Allen Bradley PLCs, HMIs, VFDs
• Experience with Unity, SoMachine, Vijeo Designer and Schneider PLCs, HMIs, VFDs
• Experience with various SCADA and reporting systems.
• Exposure to CAD software
• Solid technical experience with understanding and/or hands-on experience in value-add engineering.
• Prefer experience in high-mix low volume solutions sales.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study is required.
• Must be able to stand, walk, talk, hear and sit for a majority of the time.
• Use of hands and arms to touch, lift, reach, type, etc.
• Lifting and/or exerting up to 10 lbs. of weight/force occasionally
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.