Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Corporate Functions”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
What will you be doing?
The role is varied; you will be exposed to a wide range of interesting work and work with every team in the business. As part of a tight-knit, friendly and experienced legal team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Must be a English qualified Lawyer
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts including partnership agreements, marketing contracts, technology services contracts and outsourcing agreements
- Advising the business (including our data and analytics teams) on a variety of data protection issues, including compliance with data protection laws, data security and data strategy
- Providing pragmatic and commercially-minded legal advice to every team across our business, including HR, brand and marketing, sales, product, and operations
- Learning and understanding the broad regulatory environment within which Funding Circle operates, and proactively advising and challenging the business on regulatory issues
- Developing a strong risk radar by identifying, escalating and advising the business on operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks across the business
- Taking a hands-on role in the optimisation of the legal function through the adoption of technology and identifying other areas for improvements and greater efficiency
- 1-3 years PQE with strong technical legal skills
- Able to advise stakeholders confidently and succinctly and enjoy developing good working relationships
- Ambitious, flexible and willing to learn new things, even if that means making a few mistakes along the way
- Accurate and proud of it - we are lawyers after all. You pay excellent attention to detail and take pride in your written work
- Above all else, a team player. We are a close-knit team in a fast-paced business where collaboration is key. You enjoy contributing to team initiatives and your teammates can depend on you.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.