Project Manager - Risk
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Risk team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a Risk Project Manager to support our Global Risk Delivery Team. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is delivering great products, solving business problems, learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
- Acting as a point of contact between Risk and Product/Engineering for all Risk projects
- Gathering technical Risk requirements and make sure they are presented in a standardised “Gold Standard” format so can be easily translated to Engineering. If necessary, help risk analysts/data Scientists describe the change needed
- Addressing questions and feedback from Engineering team
- Ensuring good governance around testing making sure optimal testing plans are designed and implemented, so that quality of implementation is ensured
- Acting as Quality Assurance function for the Engineering work
- Representing Risk teams in prioritisation projects involving Tech and Product, make sure Risk projects are adequately assessed and prioritised
- Driving large-scale projects (such as AWS sagemaker, Project Unicorn, Datamart) Lead Innovation/Tactical/Continuous Improvement for Risk team
- Experienced in project management ideally within risk, with an understanding of risk models and strategies, both from detailed technical standpoint and in terms of business impact
- Knowledgeable about tech systems and databases : able to identify systems impacted by requested Risk changes and to understand at a high level the nature of the Tech work involved
- Able to communicate with multiple stakeholders to drive deliverables from inception to implementation
- Confident enough to act as champion for the prioritization of the projects of the Risk team
- Rigorous, with particular attention to detail
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.