Head of Tax
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
The role is a broad role and accordingly you will need a firm understanding of both direct and indirect taxes and work closely with the geographic finance teams and the legal department to drive tax analysis to support the business.
The business operates in a fast paced environment in the UK, the US as well as legacy arrangements in Europe. The tax implications of decisions need to be in keeping with that pace.
As well as ensuring the business maintains appropriate tax records and robust processes, the Group has high amounts of irrecoverable VAT and you will need to explore opportunities to reduce this cost leakage.
Key Tax Responsibilities:
● Manage all statutory tax reporting as a listed company under IFRS, review of corporate tax returns, tax compliance in each geography and prepare quarterly tax instalment payment calculation
● Ensure robust processes and controls are maintained in all areas of taxation
● Develop and implement tax strategy including RDEC claims
● Implement transfer pricing and other business projects
● Dealing with Global Mobility, remote working issues including short term business traveller from a corporation tax and employment tax perspective
● Update and maintain Tax Risk Framework, Risk and Control Matrix and Tax Risk Register
● Lead enquiries with HMRC and manage relationships with outsourced service providers for corporation tax compliance
What we are looking for:
● An expert in UK corporate tax legislation
● International tax compliance and transfer pricing exposure
● Working knowledge of RDEC and the patent box regime
● Good knowledge of key overseas tax issues affecting a UK multinational operating overseas
● Understanding of partial exemption methods for VAT and broad employment tax knowledge
● Knowledge of tax implications of share awards and other benefits
● CTA or International equivalent qualification
● Experience with Statutory financial reporting
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.