Relationship Manager (Existing Borrowers)
We are looking for a Relationship Manager
The Relationship Management team is Funding Circle’s newest Sales team dedicated to our highest value existing customers and sits within our wider Existing Client team. The team’s objective is to live our newest company value of obsessing over the customer, to do this we want to build stronger relationships and assist the growth of these businesses. The success of the team will be measured on the retention of these clients and growing their long term value to Funding Circle.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Taking full ownership of a portfolio of £1.5mil+ T/O businesses, introducing them to the Funding Circle Relationship Management proposition and cultivating a long term working relationship
- Driving retention and engagement of your client portfolio
- Conducting in-depth discovery calls with these businesses to better understand their strengths and challenges and how Funding Circle can assist them going forward
- Building and managing your own pipeline of applications by uncovering and closing new funding opportunities within your portfolio
- Due to the infancy of this channel you will also have the opportunity to influence the strategy, development and expansion of the Relationship Management service
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in the SME lending space with a strong understanding and knowledge of different financial products available to SME businesses and how they can work for them (i.e. previous Relationship Manager or Broker experience)
- A customer centric approach, creating the best experience and outcomes for Funding Circle’s highest value clients is the focus of this role
- The ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships with both clients and stakeholders
- An innovative approach; you enjoy being creative and are passionate about creating and changing things for the better, both for your colleagues and for clients.
- Strong level of self-organisation, motivation, diligence and prioritisation skills
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with a blend of 2-3 days either in the office or at home. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.