DevOps Manager - London
We’re looking for a great leader who can inspire and lead the team to new heights. A passionate person willing to coach and motivate the team and not shy to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into development and evolution of our global Platform.
The ideal candidate will join us in building a global platform with technical excellence and people management at the core. As the DevOps Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of DevOps engineers in our UK and CE office, reporting to the Global Head of Infrastructure. We have a very ambitions roadmap and are looking for people who are up for the challenge to help us reach our desired destination.
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- You will manage and support the team inline with DevOps best practices and principles
- You will work with business units and application owners to release features into production
- You will ensure the DevOps platform is in ready state to accept changes in a repeatable fashion
- You will enable engineering teams to deliver features faster and with higher confidence by providing the relevant tooling.
- You will ensure uptime SLA’s of the DevOps infrastructure are met
- You will strive for technical excellence and quality of deployments into the DevOps Infrastructure
- You will motivate and inspire team members
- You will support day-to-day operations of the DevOps team
- You will serve as local point of contact to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience leading and managing Technical Teams(DevOPs,SysOps & NOC)
- Experience deploying to AWS with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Proven experience with AWS Services (EC2,VPCs,RDS, Aurora, Elasticache, IAM, Lambda,Config)
- Experience working with data engines.
- Linux Administration/System Management/Automation
- Experience working with distributed and immutable architectures
- Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum)
- Experience with messaging busses and event driven architecture(preferably Kafka)
- Strong experience with configuration and deployment management tools e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Deep understanding of Version Control Systems and surrounding tooling. (e.g Git, Github, gitlab)
- Experience in containerisation and orchestrators, e.g. Docker, Mesos,Marathon desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in release engineering, devops and / or configuration management
- Demonstrable experience working in a continuous integration / delivery environment.
- Good experience managing and working to operational targets (SLA’s KPI’s etc)
- Experience optimizing process rather than text book definitions
- Deep understanding on performance impact in distributed architected systems.
Bonus points for:
- Experience leading and managing Site Reliable Engineering(SRE) Teams
- Hands-on experience setting Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and Service Level Indicators(SLI’s).
- Familiarity with Secure Development Lifecycle principles.
- Experience with containerisation and schedulers such as Kubernetes and EKS
- Experience with Go development cycle.
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. Learning and development and a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We’d love to find out more about you.
Application closing date 09/3/2019