Senior Data Engineer x 2
Salary - Competitive plus benefits
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone.
We have created the leading small business loans platform in UK, US, Germany and Netherlands; a marketplace that directly connects credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
As a Senior Data
- Working within the team to develop a truly scalable data warehouse within the AWS environment
- Using Clojure and Python but also working with the streaming platform Apache Kafka for building out data pipelines
- Using dimensional fact models (Kimball modelling) to give a bespoke business user experience.
- Develop comprehensive ETL workflows
- Conducting rigorous testing using Jenkins and Circle CI
- Have ownership on your own projects and adhering to use of an agile way of working.
- Working on projects that support the business in product improvement, growth engineering in order to facilitate more efficient marketing analysis and improvement of our risk models using machine learning.
- You will work with everyone from both commercial and technical teams to understand and agree on the best way forward.
- Communicate technical initiatives to non-technical business users in a clear and concise way.
- Prioritising engineering decisions to juggle both urgent projects, whilst also planning
- Take pride and ownership in the quality of the work you produce, and offer improvements where possible.
You have been there and done this…
- Significant experience in a Software Engineering or Data Engineering role.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL
- Strong programming skills with Python, Clojure or similar functional languages
- Use of AWS stack including EMR, Lambda & EC2.
- Proficiency using large data sets and relational and dimensional modelling.
- Expertise in a Unix environment.
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms like Kafka, RabbitMQ or JMS
- A self-starter attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a start-up environment
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Generous shares for all new employees, after service and on promotion.
- Private healthcare and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development allocation
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch daily
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Open Date: 11/1/2019
Close Date: 10/2/2019