Account Manager - Partner Lending
Did you know, Funding Circle has helped an estimated 77,000 businesses finance their growth? We are one of the world’s leading platforms for business loans and our mission is to build a better financial world by connecting investors directly with small businesses - helping entrepreneurs to achieve their goals and investors' money work harder.
In order to help more small businesses with the funding they need to grow, we are working with a panel of lenders across the industry - both traditional and other FinTechs - allowing us to utilise a range of finance products depending on what is most suitable to the customer. We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join a fast-growing team focused on building partnerships with a range of small business lenders.
What will you be doing?
As an Account Manager, you will play an integral role in this team’s growth. You will prospect customers across a range of business profiles from new starts to larger established businesses, reaching out to individual business owners following a strategic contact strategy. Managing the sales cycle from start to finish, you will consult with both customers, lenders on the panel, and internal stakeholders to deliver a smooth transition to funding through one of our partners products.
You will have a direct influence on the revenue generated for the business and we will provide you a unique opportunity to expand your skills to gain an understanding of a number of different lending products including unsecured and secured loans, asset finance, revolving credit facilities, business cash advance, business credit cards and in the future invoice finance and property. You will also develop their professional network and understanding within financial services and specifically the SME lending market.
- Engaging with & supporting small business owners from the point of initial enquiry OR warm handover from another team to drawdown of funding.
- Responsible for your target & managing your high-volume, fast-paced ‘pipeline’; constantly presenting applications to a panel of lenders and working closely with them to provide a great service
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone and email, cultivating successful relationships with customers
- Building an understanding of the wider SME funding market to enable you to support small businesses in finding the optimal solution
- Building your portfolio of successful borrowers, seeking opportunities to support them further as their business progresses
- Seeking ways to improve and adapt operations as we go & sharing knowledge
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- Aware that a high level of activity is a key driver to success in sales
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- Have demonstrated experience & success in a sales role previously - ideally B2B experience, though we are interested in meeting a diverse range of people with different levels of experience
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Flexible and prepared to try something different and adapt to change quickly
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- If you have worked with a financial product, you will have an advantage (this is not an essential requirement)
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest technology and advanced data analytics, whilst delivering a fantastic service to our customers. Our people are at the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together, making it happen, be open and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package, monthly performance based bonus with realistic targets
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning network, FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Learn more about what we do here
Understand more about the platform and how we work