Collection & Recoveries Agent
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Collections & Recoveries team carry out all debt collection procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the collections culture in the peer-to-business market.
What will you be doing?
- Take responsibility for progressing repayment negotiations on a large portfolio of defaulted loan accounts to achieve a positive outcome for Funding Circle’s investors;
- Develop trust and rapport with borrowers and guarantors in working to find sustainable solutions to support them with their loan repayment.
- Support with focused campaigns and initiatives to drive performance and investor returns.
- Liaise with instructed third parties and professional advisors, including solicitors, debt managers and insolvency practitioners.
- Work closely with our in-house Collections, Litigation, Business Support and Third Party & Insolvency teams in appropriately servicing the interests of Funding Circle’s customers.
- Assist management in the implementation of new processes and strategies, participate in team projects and personal learning and development opportunities.
- Experienced in a Recoveries, Collections or related role (min 1 year)
- An excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
- A team-player attitude, able to work independently and adapt well to change
- Positive with a practical approach to problem solving
- Passionate about learning new skills and fulfilling your potential
- Compassionate, grounded, logical and self-motivated; able to follow through on difficult decisions.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.