VP - UK Product and Platform
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
As the VP - UK Product and Platform you will report directly to the UK Managing Director and will operate as a key member of the UK Leadership team and the UK Performance Group (the forum responsible for UK commercial performance).
Responsible for developing relationships and partnering with key stakeholders across the wider business to deliver the product vision. Using a data driven approach, with customers in mind, you will set measurable and meaningful OKRs / KPI working closely with Product Engineering to ensure outcome and operating model alignment.
What will you be doing?
The VP - UK Product and Platform role will cover three main areas in the UK business:
- Responsible for core product vision and design, driving the strategy and owning the prioritised roadmap including term loans and associated lending products offered either directly or indirectly by FC
- Ownership of the UK product roadmaps whilst collaborating with commercial and technology teams, optimising the borrower experience and lending growth and ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on priorities
- Responsible for developing our multi product platform vision and design, driving the strategy and owning the prioritised roadmap
- Collaborate closely with our FlexiPay MD and our CTO to help shape and execute a vision for accelerating our strategy of being Number 1 in New Products
- Delivery of a strategy refresh for the UK platform that currently serves both our core products and parts of our most recent new product FlexiPay
UK Product Op Model:
- Play a key role in evolving the design of the product management function to aligning long-term strategy of offering multiple products to our customers
- Build and lead a high performing Product team who will be strongly integrated with the rest of the UK business as well as the broader Product Management team at Funding Circle
- Play a key role in building a strong product management culture within Funding Circle, driving sharp focus on outcomes, whilst obsessing over our customers
- Team with your counterpart in our US business to ensure alignment and sharing of best practices
- Experienced in a product leadership role, with a strong record of strategic planning, vision and execution, commercial success and business performance
- Highly innovative and creative in your solutions and approach whilst able to to consider the full account of required controls and governance required
- Experienced in digital product management gained in tech focussed B2C or B2B business
- Experienced of transforming or building a business unit is strongly desired - a record of delivery, i.e. you know how to ‘get things done’ and have a track record to prove it
- Experienced of working with engineering teams in a growth environment
- Small business lending experience is preferable but not essential
- Mature in judgement, excellent quantitative skills, and critical thinking
- A strong leadership skills and ability to interact and influence across the organisation
- Able to build and leverage strong stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Passionate about Funding Circle’s mission and values
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit!
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning allowance AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.