Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Strategy & Business Operations Manager, London
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
Funding Circle is seeking a Strategy & Business Operations Manager to develop and drive business strategy and to tackle complex business problems across the organisation.
This role will report to the Strategy and Business Operations Director, U.K. and will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Strategy and Business Operations Director and the senior management team to shape Funding Circle’s growth strategy and business operations (including Collections and Recoveries)
- Lead the development of new growth areas or efficiency initiatives and improve existing business processes
- Work with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure development of practical ideas and lead the implementation and delivery of these projects
- Deliver successful cross-functional business change programmes including end-to-end project leadership, planning, collaboration with internal-external stakeholders and post-implementation support
Primary activities may include:
- Evaluating new product development/efficiency opportunities and prioritising opportunities by developing quantitative business cases/financial models
- Supporting the strategic review of our Collections and Recoveries team to set them up for success in a post-Covid world
- Leading cross-functional teams to deliver opportunities and drive value for Funding Circle
- Developing new market entry strategies and operational processes with senior management to deliver opportunities to the market
- Delivering competitor reviews and briefings to the business – being the go to expert on other players in our current and future markets
- 4+ years of experience including either Strategy Consulting from a top tier company or experience of strategy roles in similar sized fintechs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to draw strategic insights from analysis and to communicate concisely and effectively with stakeholders across the business
- Motivated to take ideas from inception to execution including excellent project management skills
- Adaptability and willingness to roll sleeves up and get involved with all parts of the business – including, when required, in operational implementation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from different parts of the organisation with different background and perspectives.
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced, team-oriented start-up environment