Client Platform (EUC) Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for. Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Client Platform Engineer who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. The Service Desk team is supported by this role and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to key improvements in automation and centralised management.
The role will involve close collaboration with many internal Funding Circle teams, including IT Service Desk, IT Infrastructure, InfoSec and Workplace Services. You’ll be providing technical input and support across a variety of programmes of work with a focus on automation.
Although close collaboration with the Service Desk team is expected, this is not a Service Desk role and is focussed on automation engineering.
To do this you will:
- Provide excellent customer service to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Support the IT Operation by creating and administering centralised
- Provide first and second line IT support and systems administration for Funding Circle, ensuring colleagues can work effectively
- Assist with tasks in support of the IT service desk and Infrastructure teams
- Take responsibility for small projects
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see them through to resolution
- Contribute to the continual service improvement plan
- Generate activity reports for the Global IT Manager
- Have a demonstrable attention to detail and proven diagnostic
- Have great customer service skills, communication skills and plenty of patience
- Demonstrably experienced in a similar support/automation role
- Demonstrable experience with centralised management tools/endpoint management such as Jamf Pro, MS InTune and Autopilot, Desktop Central,PDQ
- JIRA & Confluence administration/development experience
- Demonstrable skills in G-Suite administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory AzureAD
- Experience in Okta or other SSO
- Adept in Windows 10 and MacOS deployment, configuration, patching and troubleshooting
- Build/image and configure equipment and systems to business specifications
- Understanding of wired and wireless LAN networks
- A good understanding of printing services, audio visual support and meeting room management
- Familiarity with Zoom or similar video conferencing technology and associated hardware
Bonus Points for the following:
- Administration experience in JIRA Server or Cloud, Amazon AWS, Google GAM, ITIL 4 and any experience of programming or scripting languages
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.