Junior Account Manager
Business owners and investors share a common thread. They’re forward thinkers. They’re determined. They stand up to make a difference and work hard to make it happen.
That same thread runs through everyone at Funding Circle.
Junior Account Manager - Direct
Are you looking for a Graduate/junior role that offers an excellent opportunity for growth and uncapped earning potential? If you’re driven, commercially aware and have a flair for connecting with people, we’ll equip you with the tools you need to be an integral part of a leading FinTech.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are one of the world’s leading platforms for business loans and our mission is to build a better financial world by connecting investors directly with small businesses - helping entrepreneurs to achieve their goals and investors' money work harder.
What will you be doing?
Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to a challenging and rewarding career in B2B sales.
As an Account Manager in Direct Sales, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every single day, you will speak to diverse SME business owners about their goals and how a Funding Circle loan can help - think, quirky gift shops and local cafes to trusted autobody shops and friendly accountants.
- Supporting UK SME businesses with their applications for a Funding Circle business loan - managing full sales cycle from initial enquiry to acceptance of funds (100% warm leads generated through direct marketing)
- Responsible for your target & managing your high-volume, fast-paced ‘pipeline’; constantly presenting applications to a panel of lenders and working closely with them to provide a great service
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone and email, cultivating successful relationships with your customers
- Your ‘sales pipeline’ will be high-volume and fast paced; constantly converting applications to the Funding Circle credit team and working closely with them to close deals
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- 9-12+ months in a sale phone-based role
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in sales and looking to push your career
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest technology and advanced data analytics, whilst delivering a fantastic service to our customers. Our people are at the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together, making it happen, be open and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package, monthly performance based bonus with realistic targets
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning network, FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Learn more about what we do here
Understand more about the platform and how we work