Senior Data Engineer - Remote, UK Based
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. The data platform team makes sure that data at Funding Circle is reliable and easily accessible across the company. We leverage the latest technologies and a team of diverse backgrounds to build a data platform to address these challenges. We build tools to help us automate traditional data processing pipelines so that we can build data systems at scale. We also build tools to empower our analysts and data scientists in their day to day work.
What you will be doing?
- Building internal tools and libraries for our engineers and internal customers
- Maintaining and monitoring our AWS data infrastructure
- We love pairing! Whenever you wish for knowledge sharing or learning between teammates
- Researching and learning new tools and technologies in the data space
- Synchronising with the teams in London, San Francisco, and Bangalore
- Documenting the architecture and decisions made
- Working with our stakeholders to iterate on our data products
- Collaborating with the team to solve architectural challenges
- A great communicator! That connects easily with people and brings a strong positive energy to the table.
- Fired–up to achieve. Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Super organised. Someone who knows how to manage their workload, cope with multiple priorities and can organise their days and week effectively
- Quick to learn. You get things quickly, can take on feedback and understand how to explain complex concepts and products to our customers simply
- Good working knowledge of any of the following: SQL, Python, Clojure, Scala
- Looking forward to working in an international team
- We’re interested in meeting people from diverse education backgrounds and this role would suit someone who likes to help others
- You will have worked on one or two of the following: AWS:Glue, Athena, Redshift, Apache Airflow, Kafka, Spark, Terraform.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.