Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Clojure, AWS
- Supporting our production systems
- Building out our US platform from here in the UK and creating great user experiences for our customers.
- Mentoring other team members
- Experienced in at least one major Function Programming language (We use Clojure).
- A solid Mid or Senior Engineer, who is able to help drive and influence engineering decisions.
- Experienced in working with a product team as well as wider stakeholders to build a deep understanding within the domain
- Experienced working with distributed systems
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.