Security Risk & Assurance Analyst
Graduate Information Security Risk & Assurance Analyst
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone. We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans. We’re taking on the global banking system and finding a better way for businesses to borrow and investors to lend, by connecting them together, fusing finance and technology. We are helping small businesses to grow, creating thousands of jobs across the UK, U.S and Europe and changing the lives of business owners, and at the same time helping investors earn a return on their hard-earned money.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
The Information Security Team is a close-knit group of people who partner with the rest of the business to secure our customers' money and data. Join our team to improve the security of our infrastructure through innovative use of tools automation to minimize impact to the business, while providing actionable intelligence where and when it's needed most.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a self-motivated information Security Risk and Assurance Analyst who can help our team identify and mitigate security risks for a rapidly growing company. We are passionate about using new technologies to keep our customers and employees safe, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - and we’re looking for a partner who feels the same.
We’re looking for someone who can collaborate across the business to help our teams understand the importance of security, and who understands how security impacts all aspects of our enterprise. This role will require strong communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical mindset, and the ability to work collaboratively to be a security evangelist to a diverse audience. You don’t have to be a security guru to join our team, but you will need to be passionate about learning more about security and risk!
- Update and maintain our security risk register and assurance programme
- Assist in performing risk assessments
- Regularly track risk remediation action plans
- Support the delivery of our security training and awareness initiatives
- Work with the security team to mature the overall GRC processes
- Complete supplier assurance assessments as part of on-boarding and renewing contracts with suppliers
- Data collation for security metrics
- Work with business stakeholders on engagements that require security
- Support the Risk and Assurance team to cooperate with all parts of the business, to help us meet regulatory obligations and investor requirements
- Assist in the creation, auditing and enforcement of Information Security Policies and Standards
We are looking for people who…
- Have 6 months - 1 year + years experience in information security or recently graduated with an IT Security degree
- Knowledge of ISO27001, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, OWASP, GDPR, and other cybersecurity standards/ best practices
- Ability to collaborate with business and tech teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process driven, self-motivated and well-organised
- Presentation skills
- Experience with or exposure to security audits and due diligence requests
- Experience of keeping security documentation such as policies up to date upon the review cycle
- Experience of or exposure to a governance risk and compliance tool
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Some more things..
- This role is based out of the UK but may involve some travel to our other global sites, you’ll be working with teams across our San Francisco, London and Berlin offices
- You must have a strong willingness to learn and develop their security knowledge and skills.
- Please note - you must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Generous shares for all new employees, after service and on promotion.
- Private healthcare and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development allocation
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch daily
We’d love to find out more about you…
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.