Regional Partnerships Executive - Manchester based
Building strategic partnerships, from institutions to accountants to business coaches, drives Funding Circle forward in our mission to disrupt the world of small business lending.
Our Partnerships Team is growing and we are looking for a motivated and talented individual with a passion for creating, developing and maximising business relationships. Together with an experienced team, you will work to grow the amount of partner-referred lending through Funding Circle in the UK.
Independently managing your diary, every day will be different as you meet client commitments across your region. Primarily office based in our regional Manchester office (Spinningfields), your diary will include some travel, meeting clients and building your network out in the field, focusing on the Manchester/surrounding region and occasional visits to the London HQ.
What will you be doing:
- You will be focused on building Funding Circle’s presence with existing strategic partners as well as generating new partnerships through local business networking, marketing and business development activity
- Actively reaching out and strengthening partnerships, you will use all communication channels to engage with new and existing partners including email, phone, text, LinkedIn, networking events, 1:1 meetings, group presentations and other social events
- Develop and implement the regional acquisition strategy with the Regional Partnership Manager; determining which relationships and networks to target, in what order, best practice
- Assist with subsequent campaign and event planning
- Working to targets, you will be responsible for a combination of creating new partnerships and increasing uptake with existing partners, maximising lending through your panel
- Primarily office based in our regional Manchester office (Spinningfields), your diary will include some travel, meeting clients and building your network out in the field, focusing on Manchester/surrounding region.
What will you bring to the role?
- Minimum 1+ years’ business development or similar relationship management or sales experience
- Experience with explaining complex products or services to businesses and introducers
- Excellent relationship building and written and oral communication ability (ability to lead and control a phone discussion/negotiation/closing to ensure efficiency)
- Experience working as or with bank relationship managers with access to SMEs, or within a business finance brokerage would be highly advantageous
- Presence of an existing network of business contacts an advantage
- Proactive approach and self-starter, with a high level of working autonomously
- Ability to hit and exceed sales targets
- Strong organisational skills, together with a flexible attitude towards working hours and UK travel
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Why join Funding Circle?
Manning the front line, you are the face of Funding Circle in your region and beyond. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage ambition and initiative.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure.
We offer a range of attractive benefits and a competitive salary package including performance based bonus.