UK People Partner - Fixed term maternity cover
There’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, building thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward currently lending over 5 Billion a year. With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we are fusing finance and tech to build new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
About the role:
Being a fast-growing FinTech, it’ll be no surprise to hear People are a high priority at Funding Circle. We are looking for an enthusiastic and high-energy UK People Partner (fixed term contract) to join our current team in London. In this role, you will support the global Risk & Analytics, Finance and Legal & Compliance functions across a matrixed organisation, working closely with the local People Partners in each geography. Working with these global teams, you will identify, build and execute HR strategies to meet Funding Circle’s business objectives. You will understand the critical business priorities and proactively develop a people agenda that supports the business as it continues to grow whilst incorporating our values and adding to the strength of our culture.
- Deliver global initiatives across the employee lifecycle, including performance management, compensation, managerial & leadership development, total rewards, culture & engagement and diversity & inclusion.
- Lead and drive discrete and ad-hoc projects related to organisation design and other people change processes.
- As a trusted advisor to the business, you must be able to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions while collaborating well across a global matrixed environment.
- Coach, mentor and advise at all levels of the organisation. With senior leadership, you will bring and elicit the critical thinking necessary for navigating complex people situations.
- Apply data and analytics to help inform trends, identify appropriate interventions and measure impact.
- Act as a business partner to the other People functions; working closely with Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development and Total Reward to ensure a seamless people experience for the business.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience as an HR/People Partner supporting a global business (5 or more years experience is desirable).
- Experience supporting multiple senior executives. Ability to develop trusted relationships, credibility and influence, occasionally via remote working arrangements.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations in the UK and experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues. Experience of working in other geographies a plus.
- Experience of and/or led as appropriate the planning, design, delivery of cross HR-functional initiatives.
- Analytical mindset, capable of getting into detail with with people data to analyse trends. Must be comfortable using spreadsheets and creating pivot tables, v-lookups and other basic formulas.
- Assess training and facilitation needs and conduct 1:1 and group sessions tailored to deliver specific outcomes.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Passion for tech and product development desirable.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.