Python Engineer (Mid-Level) - UK
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using a multitude of AWS services
- Using mainly Python, along with K8s, Kafka and React
- Working with serverless and event driven architectures
- An educational background in Computer Science or have completed a bootcamp training course
- Some fundamental programming skills
- Interest in Serverless architectures
- Knowledge of cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Cognito, DynamoDB)
- Openness to learn and work with different technologies
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)