Software Engineer - Originations
Software Engineer - Originations
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Engineering at Funding Circle
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
We're focussed on building and rolling out a new global loan originations platform which will support the origination and lifecycle of loans for the businesses that we lend to in the multiple countries we currently exist in.
This means we are redesigning our stack from the ground up - from the moment a business first hits apply to them receiving their funds in their bank account. This includes creating simple solutions to complex problems like how to assess a business' risk, pricing of loans, fraud and AML screening, and delivering important information to borrowers and internal users such as sales and underwriters at the right time.
We're building software to facilitate the future scale of Funding Circle, we're in multiple very competitive markets and our ambition is to expand to many more over the coming years.
We value having nimble, autonomous teams that are aligned to our business problems, so, it’s fast-paced and impactful work with myriad of technical challenges.
We are looking for these skills...
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI wanted but not essential
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the companies success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.