Senior Manager, UK Commercial
We are seeking a top-performing, smart and motivated individual to join our UK Commercial team responsible for delivering growth in our largest business. You will drive a high pace of delivery to ensure we continue to grow rapidly, profitably, and at scale. You will report directly to the UK Head of Commercial and will work to co-ordinate the Direct Lending business and set and deliver against ambitious growth targets. You will look across every angle of the business from our compelling customer proposition, to our best-in-class technology products, to our sophisticated marketing and sales strategies – and make sure we are focused on delivering our ambitious commercial strategy.
You will be responsible for driving the overall tempo of the Direct Lending business through leading weekly, monthly and quarterly management of activity and performance, as well as executing growth projects by leading cross-functional teams across the business.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The role is varied, with exposure across the entire business and will involve working particularly closely with Strategy, Marketing, Sales, Analytics and Product teams. Key responsibilities you will be involved in will include:
- Taking tactical ownership of the Direct Lending P&L (>£750M originations p/a).
- Managing weekly commercial performance and leading short term issue resolution.
- Reviewing monthly and quarterly performance, forecasting and target setting.
- Identifying, coordinating and prioritising growth opportunities across the Direct Lending business.
- Working as a trusted advisor to Sales, Product, Marketing and Analytics teams.
- Leading, mentoring and developing a high performing team.
- Working confidently and credibly alongside senior stakeholders.
- When required, deputising for the UK Head of Commercial.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2.1 degree or better from a top tier university
- Experience delivering results in a commercial environment.
- Having a ‘nose for value’ and the ability to frame and structure complex problems, then quickly prioritise to focus on the high potential opportunities.
- Expert problem solving skills, analytical rigour and comfort with using data to prove a hypothesis.
- The ability to work collaboratively to get things done within a matrix structure, without direct reporting lines.
- A sense of ownership - you take delivery personally, even in a dynamic environment with high ambiguity.
- The ability to present confidently to senior stakeholders.
- Experience in managing and developing high performing teams.
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm (Consultant/Manager) and/or
experience in a corporate strategy or commercial team of a leading fintech or financial service organisation.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam