Senior Service Desk Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in over 170,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for.
Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Service Desk Manager who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. The Service Desk team is planning to further develop the JIRA platform and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to these improvements.
The role will involve close collaboration with many internal Funding Circle teams, including Client Platform, IT Infrastructure, InfoSec and Workplace Services. You’ll be providing technical input and support across a variety of programmes of work.
- Leading a team to provide a first-class service to all end-users
- Creating, maintain and improve consistent Service Desk and Desktop Support processes
- Building trust through the building of strong working relationships with team members, stakeholders and end-users across the company
- Overseeing & day-to-day Management of the Service Desk team, being the “go-to” person for escalation
- Ticket triage & First Contact Resolution (FCR)
- Managing end user devices and update all audio-visual systems and equipment related to meeting rooms
- Able to lead and inspire direct reports to deliver high quality results
- Able to improve current processes and develop creative and innovative solutions
- Able to build trusting, long-term relationships with the business, helping to identify and define needs in addition to managing expectations
- Experience with continual Service improvement experience and senior stakeholder management
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.