Graduate Analyst - September 2020
Starting September 2020
London: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Want to join our mission and help us build a better financial world? We are looking for analytical masterminds who want to be part of our journey and champion small business growth.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for talented Analysts to join a graduate program starting in September 2020. You will join our global Risk and Analytics division moving around key business areas including Decision Science, Customer Analytics, Risk Analysis and more. You will be working in a team analysing the performance of 3 European markets.
As one of our Analysts you will...
- Work in the Risk and Analytics team whose work can be seen in everything Funding Circle does. From building sophisticated models to predict risk and allocate price, to doing deep dives on customer data so that we can offer bespoke solutions - you will experience a wide variety of analytical challenges.
- Partner with authorities from across the business, including Marketing, Technology, Capital Markets and Business Operations.
- Learn to build leading edge models and analytics that will influence business decisions.
- Work as part of a team to ensure our loan portfolio delivers a strong performance by forecasting credit losses and providing insights for optimising credit risk strategies.
- Combine market and analytical insights with operational solutions to drive commercial growth in our loan originations
- Optimise acquisition strategies, liquidity deployment and monitor returns to support funding of our loans from all types of investors
- Learn key commercial skills around building and delivering presentations, engaging in meetings and time management.
- Use specific tools and languages such as R, Python, SQL and Tableau for reporting and analysis.
What are we looking for?
- Recent degree, masters or PHD in a quantitative field or STEM related subject (Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering…)
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods.
- Passionate about Funding Circle’s mission and values.
- Any working knowledge of R, Python or SQL would be highly desirable
- Good working knowledge of Excel
Why join us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company-wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.