Senior Data Scientist - Decision Science
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Risk & Analytics” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the role
Would you describe yourself as a data fanatic? Do you have a passion for analysing data to help build the best decision models? Do you love mentoring junior members of staff to bring out the best in them? If you answer yes to these questions then we're looking for you to apply! We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help create these leading risk models. You’ll help by:
- Building the new generation of risk models
- Utilising the most innovative data sources and modelling techniques
- Being part of a diverse team of highly skilled data scientists
- Interacting with multiple parts of the business, and multiple stakeholders, to ensure your models are providing optimal support
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them achieve their full potential
- You are incredibly analytical with strong mathematical skills
- You have vast experience in a decision scientist or modeller role, ideally from a company with cutting edge technology
- Expert level knowledge of R/Python
- Expert level knowledge of machine learning methods
- A real team player, with the ability to work in a team (despite the current remote challenges!)
- Super communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Collaborative and communicative, with the ability to work with different data scientists at different levels and stages of their career
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.