Loan Operations Analyst
Are you hungry, energetic, and have an eye for detail? Our Loan Operations Team is looking for an Loan Operations Analyst to join the team.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals. Our Loan Operations team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to developing a challenging and rewarding career in Operations.
Our Loan Operations Team is focused on supporting the efficient and accurate flow of ‘borrowers’ through our lending process. We partner with our Sales Team and Underwriters to assess, verify, and document each loan opportunity. Your responsibilities will include preparing closing documents, as well as reviewing contracts and financial inputs to ensure that all files meet internal policies and investor audit requirements. We move fast while maintaining the highest level of quality in each review we complete and need switched on, hard-working individuals to contribute.
What will you be doing?
- Credit model preparation; Use Collected borrower credit and business information and prepare the credit underwriting model for Underwriter review.
- Use available third party tools to collect information on applicants and their business
- Reviewing application data to assess loan complexity including offering low complexity loans.
- Perform rigorous quality assurance: Reconcile loan documents and internal system data for completeness and accuracy. Facilitate resolution of discrepancies with sales and credit teams.
- Completing KYC on client’s on boarding
- Diligently checking required docs have been received and completed correctly
- Using online tools and portals to verify identity electronically
- Team First Culture: Support a spirit of teamwork and unity in Loan Operations empowered by metrics and focused on innovation and achieving superior results
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Ideally 12-24 months experience in a high volume administrative or analyst role
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, ability to follow procedures
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
It would be advantageous if you have:
- It would be great if you have experience using Excel and Salesforce, evaluating financial documents, bank statements, identification documents
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in sales and looking to push your career
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.