Recoveries Litigation Paralegal
This is a exciting opportunity to join a growing, innovative and market-changing global business at a fascinating time in its journey. Funding Circle’s multi-award winning UK Servicing, Collections and Recoveries team is looking to recruit a capable and ambitious paralegal into the Recoveries Litigation department who can make a real and positive contribution to the continued success of this legal team and the wider business.
We are looking for someone with experience in the Insolvency and Litigation fields, who is passionate about our business and our mission and someone who has the skill-set to understand the finer detail of complex insolvency and litigation issues. Most of all we want someone who is enthusiastic to learn and develop in a hands-on role.
Key responsibilities will include...
- Drafting and filing court documents in order to commence and conclude formal recovery action on behalf of investors, whether it is liquidation, administration, bankruptcy or county court procedures.
- Drafting and negotiating security documents, such as charges and deeds of priority, and settlement agreements.
- Negotiating with regard to Insolvency and Litigation matters.
- Managing a large caseload and managing costs and recovery of costs.
- Assisting with administrative duties relating to case management.
- Liaising with external panel firms with regard to issues and cases.
The successful candidate will…
- Paralegal with Insolvency and Litigation experience.
- Have excellent academics.
- Enjoy getting into the detail of issues without getting lost in them.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to advise confidently and succinctly.
- Be highly organised with strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude demonstrated by a track record of getting things done.
- Be a team player and someone who can take on responsibility and work independently.
- Be able to prioritise commitments and a varied workload.
- Be compassionate, grounded, logical and objective and able to follow through on difficult decisions.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.