Software Engineer - Marketplace
Software Engineer - Marketplace
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Engineering at Funding Circle
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
We’re focused on building and rolling out a new global Marketplace platform operating at the intersection between our borrowers and investors. This provides services such as fair loan allocation, loan servicing, accounting, money distribution to investors, reports to investors and reconciliation tools to the operational teams in FC and the regulators.
We build software for future growth of Funding Circle and competing with an increasingly competitive market space, so the scale of our challenge is huge!
We value having nimble, autonomous teams that are aligned to our business problems, so, it’s pretty fast-paced and impactful work with myriad of technical challenges.
The tech we use:
- A Kafka Backbone
- Apps written in Clojure
We are looking for these skills...
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI wanted but not essential
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the companies success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.