Software Engineer - Career Comeback opportunity
We are looking for a Software Engineer making a career comeback.
Funding Circle is excited to launch its very own Career Comeback opportunity! The purpose of this is to support talented professionals in re-joining the workplace after an extended career break. Are you in search of some guidance, support, and knowledge to really help you go further?
Funding Circle is here to offer that, and help you regain traction within the workplace. We believe everyone is made to do more, and that’s why we are launching this scheme across different areas of our business.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross-functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Clojure, Kafka, React and Ruby currently and built entirely on AWS
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- Returning from a career break of approximately 6 months to 2 years?
- Looking to return to work on a full-time basis
- A good fit with our values (Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure, Make It Happen, Think Smart, Obsess Over The Customer)
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We are committed to being full-time hybrid; three days from home for which we will help support your home working set-up and two in the office where you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.