Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our cross-functional team to help make it happen.
You will be a core part of the business capabilities team, reporting into the Lead Business Analyst and working on designing and mapping operational processes for the existing and future products, as well as helping to scale a newly-launched instant lending platform.
A typical day could look something like this:
- Playing a crucial role in helping to scale new products from test phase into one of Funding Circle’s core products
- Gathering business requirements (across Product, Risk, Fraud, Operations, etc) to be reflected in the operational flow for the new product
- Leading the operational process definition activities including the end-to-end process mapping of all key related processes, third party handovers and interdependencies
- Owning the creation and maintenance of operational process documentation and/or workflows in an agreed format and structure with direct engagement of relevant functional and third party teams
- Balancing the need to manage operational risks and ensure sufficient controls, with the speed to market and, similarly, ensuring process scalability while allowing manual work-arounds to start with
- Experienced in business analysis in the financial services industry, preferably related to the Commercial Lending space but not essential
- Experienced in business change i.e. developing, mapping, improving and implementing processes and providing operational support for the new product development
- A strong written and verbal communicator that uses a variety of methods with the ability to get the message across to different audiences
- Experienced working with eliciting business and functional requirements from senior stakeholders and third parties
- Able to work with large data sets/information to support any discovery work phases, with the curiosity to ask appropriate questions to fully develop the requirements
- Experienced working in an Agile, fast paced environment and able to adapt to changes with understanding of the project management life cycle
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.