Commercial & Business Operations Associate
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing?
We are helping small businesses to grow, creating thousands of jobs across the UK and changing the lives of business owners, and at the same time helping investors earn a return on their hard-earned money. We have continued to do this through the Covid-19 crisis and since being accredited on the Government’s Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) we have become the 5th largest CBILS lender with a market share of c.20% of loans approved.
As a Commercial & Business Operations Associate you will develop and drive commercial performance. This will involve solving complex business questions across the organisation. The role is varied, with exposure across the entire business and will involve working closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Analytics, Operations and Product teams.
- Work with senior leaders across the business to understand and improve performance.
- Collaborate closely with our leading Data and Analytics teams to analyse commercial opportunities, forming recommendations for changes that could drive commercial value.
- Work with Product, Marketing, Sales, Technology and Operations teams to plan and lead the implementation of those changes.
- Coordinate weekly and monthly forums to communicate performance and evaluate potential projects and changes.
- 1-3 years experience at a top tier strategy consultancy firm.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; comfort in building excel models to support decision making as well as doing quicker ‘back of the envelope’ triangulations
- Ability to draw strategic insights from analysis and communicate concisely and effectively with junior and senior stakeholders across the business
- Adaptability and willingness to roll sleeves up and get involved with all parts of the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from different parts of the organisation with different background and perspectives
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced, team-oriented environment – we work closely, collaboratively and try to enjoy it!
- Experience working in a fintech/knowledge of the fintech industry a plus but not essential
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.