Credit Strategy, Senior Manager
Credit Risk – Senior Credit Strategy Manager
Basic + benefits + stock
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Risk and Analytics @ Funding Circle
The Risk and Analytics teams play a crucial role to Funding Circle. They ensure our borrowers and investors get what we promise, use data and modelling to provide insights to the rest of the business, control and monitor the risk within our processes ensuring that we always deliver and they help us make data driven decisions to guide our strategy.
The Credit Risk team
Funding Circle’s Credit Risk team is hugely influential to our overall lending process. They look at measuring our risk, optimising our credit risk funnel and forecasting the performance of our loan portfolios. To do this, they work globally with the credit risk modelling, engineering, data management, capital markets and business operations teams to truly understand our objectives and shape analytical solutions.
As a Senior Credit Strategy Manager, you will...
● Deliver value for Investors and Funding Circle through optimization of the credit lifecycle management:
○ Think up new credit strategies and shape them analytically with strong attention to detail. Measure impacts and be open to iterate.
○ In partnership with the multiple teams across the business implement, monitor and measure the success of these strategies
○ Be an excellent communicator and presenter. Turn complex analysis into simply articulated visions / insights.
● Conduct rigorous statistical analysis, forecasting and data mining of various datasets to shape and guide decision-making across a number of strategic areas
● Embrace innovation in the credit space: understand how new credit data, tools and technology a can deliver benefits to our customers and investors. Be a change agent.
● Identify, develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Have a clear and relentless focus on delivering business results
● Be comfortable challenging the status quo
We are looking for these skills...
● At least 5+ years experience in a risk strategy setting, ideally within SME or retail lending environment
● Proven track record of driving strategic/operational changes within an organisation
● Experience leading a key analytical function
● Has the ability to be hands on and get stuck into the details and conduct analysis
● Exceptional problem solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
● Be an excellent communicator and presenter. Turning complex analysis into simply articulated visions/insights
● Advanced knowledge of Excel
● Working knowledge of SQL
● One programming language (R, SAS, Python)
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
● Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
● Cool kit - Mac or PC
● Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
● Discounted onsite gym membership
● Learning and development through FC Academy
● Personal development funding
● Flexible working
● Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
● We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
● Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.