Business Development Executive
Are you a motivated and confident Account Manager or Business Development Executive who loves supporting a large portfolio of accounts?
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Business Development Executive to drive business lending through introducers (for example; commercial finance/asset brokers, business consultants, IFAs, accountants etc.). You will manage relationships with our introducer partners and manage the sales pipeline.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals. Our Introducer Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to developing a challenging and rewarding career in B2B sales.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Nurturing the sales pipeline of loan applications via brokers/intermediaries from SME businesses
- Managing relationships with brokers/intermediaries in your region alongside a Business Development Manager
- Demonstrating excellent telephone and email communications & supporting your clients on a day-to-day basis in ensuring SME's access to finance in a quick and efficient process
- Thriving in a target-driven environment, you will approach your KPI's with vigor and strive to stretch expectations
- Helping to develop the acquisition strategy alongside the Business Development Manager and supporting the education and activation of new intermediaries to the portfolio
- Tracking loan applications, completed loans and assisting with general analysis/reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- 12-24 months in a customer facing/sales role preferred - this role would be best suited to someone with sales/account management experience and seeking their 2nd job
- Motivated by success in numbers, and driven to achieve your targets
- You easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
It would be advantageous if you have:
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in sales and looking to push your career
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package, uncapped monthly bonus and realistic (but not easy) targets
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.