Data Engineer - Career Comeback opportunity
Funding Circle is excited to launch its very first Career Comeback opportunity! The purpose of this is to support talented professionals in re-joining the workplace after an extended career break.
Are you in search of some guidance, support and knowledge to really help you go further?
Funding Circle is here to offer that, and help you regain traction within the workplace. We believe everyone is made to do more, and that’s why we are launching this scheme across different areas of our business.
You are a good fit for our opportunity if you:
- Have been on a career break for approximately 6 months to 2 years
- Would like to return to work on a full-time basis
- You are a good fit with our values (Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure, Make It Happen, Think Smart)
- You have past experience and skills that match the opportunity you are applying for
- Can provide evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom
About the role
The data team makes sure that data at Funding Circle is reliable and easily accessible across the company. We leverage the latest technologies and a team of diverse backgrounds to build a data platform to address these challenges. We build tools to help us automate traditional data processing pipelines so that we can build data systems at scale. We also build tools to empower our analysts and data scientists in their day to day work.
Day to Day, this role will include:
- Building internal tools and libraries for our engineers and internal customers
- Sharing and exploring ideas, challenging the hard problems in whiteboard sessions across the team
- Maintaining and monitoring our AWS data infrastructure
- We love pairing! Whenever you wish for knowledge sharing or learning between the teammates
- Researching and learning new tools and technologies in the data space
- Promoting and understanding best practices
- Synchronising with the teams in London, San Francisco, and Bangalore
- An inquisitive mind-set, willingness to challenge the status quo, and a great work ethic
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- Prior experience in an engineering capacity and real desire to grow within Data Engineering
- Good working knowledge of any of the following: SQL, Python, Clojure, Scala
- You will have worked on one or two of the following: AWS, Kafka, Spark, PrestoDB
- An opportunity to join a first class team on a full time basis from day one!
- A buddy to help navigate your way in and around Funding Circle.
- Real time on the job training across our tech stack and products. We care about your development as you rise through your career at FC!
- Eligibility to our full compensation and benefits programme just like all of our full time employees - you are one of us!
- A great working atmosphere with lots of opportunities to bond with colleagues at regular social and volunteering events.
- Flat hierarchies and a strong team spirit - our talented, diverse team values passion and drive above hierarchies and loves to celebrate success.
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.