This is a exciting opportunity to join a growing, innovative and market-changing global business at a fascinating time in its journey. Funding Circle’s multi-award winning UK legal team is looking to recruit a capable and ambitious all-rounder, a lawyer who can make a real and positive contribution to the continued success of the legal team and the wider business. The fast-paced and innovative nature of our business means the role will be varied and you will have exposure to a wide range of interesting work across the company.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about our business and our mission of building a better financial world;
- is excited by the prospect of working in a high-profile and rapidly growing fintech business;
- is able to understand the finer details of complex legal and regulatory issues and explain them to others in simple terms; and
- is enthusiastic to learn and develop in a hands-on and outward-facing role.
Reporting to the Director of UK Legal, responsibilities will include:
- providing pragmatic, commercially-minded legal advice in plain terms, supporting all areas of the business from our Marketing team to our People team;
- advising the business on commercial and operational issues as they arise, and drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts;
- providing proactive advice and challenge on regulatory issues and advising the business on the broad regulatory environment in which Funding Circle operates;
- advising the business on a variety of data protection issues;
- providing strategic legal advice as our business in the UK grows and as we expand internationally;
- staying abreast of relevant changes in law and regulation and applying them to our business; and
- identifying opportunities for growth, development and improvement as the business matures.
The ideal candidate will:
- likely be a qualified solicitor with 3-5 years post-qualification experience*;
- have excellent academics and strong technical legal skills;
- have trained at and be working in a top law firm or in a respected in-house team;
- enjoy getting into the detail of issues without getting lost in them;
- have excellent communication skills and be able to advise both confidently and succinctly;
- good knowledge of data privacy legislation and strong experience applying it in practice;
- strong transactional experience with a focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
- be highly organised with strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail;
- have experience working in a regulated environment or advising regulated businesses, and have an interest in learning more about the regulatory environment;
- have a ‘can do’ attitude demonstrated by a track record of getting things done;
- enjoy developing excellent working relationships; and
- be comfortable working in a dynamic team environment as well as independently, and be able to prioritise commitments and a varied workload.
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.Please provide a covering letter with your application