Associate, Capital Markets - Structuring & Execution
Associate, Capital Markets
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
- Play a key and active role throughout the life cycle of a transaction; from origination through to execution and ongoing management, for both public and private transactions
- Assist in devising and building the strategy and structure of specific global Capital Markets transactions
- Support the execution of trades; including but not limited to the negotiation of legal contracts, answering prospective investor queries and project managing all internal and external processes and stakeholders
- Manage ongoing communications with a range of investors
- Work in deal team with the broader global Capital Markets and Risk & Analytics colleagues as well as with external advisors and vendors
It would be great if you have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an investment bank or asset manager with Fixed Income experience
- Comfortable reviewing legal documents and analysing financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with very strong attention to detail
- Confident, presentable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of investors and stakeholders
- Numerical and analytical skills, project management skills, experience taking active role in executing transactions
- Ambitious, eager to learn and excited about working with highly motivated and smart individuals in an entrepreneurial environment
- Cash flow modelling skills and the CFA qualification will be viewed favourably
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.