Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Data is key to Funding Circle’s multi-product strategy to attract and say yes to more customers. We aim to continually enhance our data capabilities in ways that will give us a competitive advantage. Whether it’s through advanced analytics to drive actionable insights or next generation credit strategy model development, data is at the core of what we do to help small businesses win.
The VP, Data is responsible for the definition and execution of a group-wide data strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders from across the organisation. This role must also be forward-looking to anticipate future data needs for Funding Circle and keep up to speed with industry trends and emerging technologies which can help us to advance.
Reporting to the CTO, this person will be a credible, senior leader who has the experience and impact to take us through the next phase of our data capability evolution and lead the Data Platform, Data Engineering and Data Product product teams.
- Define and implement Funding Circle’s group-wide Data Strategy ensuring alignment with the broader Group Strategy and Technology Strategy.
- Lead the definition of Data OKRs across the group to drive and measure progress against intended outcomes
- Own the execution of the Data delivery roadmaps across Data Platform, Data Engineering and Data Product
- Optimise the operating model between data teams to drive greater effectiveness, efficiency and maximise impact from our investment in data capabilities
- Lead a cross functional Data Working Group to ensure collaboration and alignment across the organisation on data strategy, quality, governance and risk
- Lead and develop the Data Platform, Data Engineering and Data Product teams, driving high performance and excellent execution
- As a key member of the Technology Leadership Team, you will help shape the future direction of the function as we set ourselves up to support a multi-product business strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships at senior and executive levels across Funding Circle to understand and shape their planning to take full advantage of our data
- Able to create a compelling vision for all matters data and to engage across organisational domains to secure support and commitment to that vision – driving innovation and technology and culture change
- Demonstrable experience of developing and executing on data strategies that have driven real value in the organisations they serve
- Excellent communicator who can interact with internal stakeholders, external partners and regulatory agencies
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Help cut through ambiguity during times of ideation stage to market delivery through effective influence (up to board level)
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.