Data Governance Manager
Data Governance Manager
Competitive salary + shares + benefits
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone.
We have created the leading small business loans platform in UK, US, Germany and Netherlands; a marketplace that directly connects credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Data is at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for a strong Data Governance Manager who will be the first person on the ground in what could be a large function for the business.
As a Data Governance Manager you will be…
- Understanding what data is produced from our business functions and how it is currently being used.
- Work with key stakeholders to create definitions for measuring data across different geographies.
- Creating a measurement and metrics framework to ensure consistency and accuracy of our data globally.
- Similarly, create a framework that will assess the quality of our data globally
- Addressing key data issues and working with product teams to prioritise solutions.
- Influence stakeholders across data, engineering, product and business teams.
- Work closely with risk and security teams to ensure data is compliant, controlled and secure.
You have been there and done this…
- Experience working in a Data Governance role and leading change across a business
- If you have experience in either technology or financial services, that would be advantageous
- You have the ability and desire to work in a fast past environment with a high growth business.
- You are a strong influencer, who can communicate and instil a desire to work towards a common goal
- You will have experience building processes and frameworks for data management, whilst remaining compliant.
- If you have any experience managing or leading a team, this may also be beneficial as depending on who we find for the role, this could be a leadership position to grow a division for us.
What about benefits?
- Competitive share options on joining and promotions
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare cash-back scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Funderbar - our amazing cafe and bar area that serves free breakfast and discounted lunch every day
- Free barista coffee served every day
- Quarterly and monthly socials for the whole business
- Free drinks on a Friday afternoon
- Flexible working
- FC Academy - learning and development sessions offered across loads of subject areas such as coding, project management, building a startup and even salsa dancing.
- Discounted Gym membership at Virgin Active on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fun, fast growing start-up environment with access to the newest technology resources and tools.
We think big, if you do too – please apply today.
As an equal opportunities employer we do not discriminate on age, gender, religion, nationality, gender expression, disability or anything else that makes you who you are.