Credit Underwriter - German or Dutch speaker
Underwriter - Dutch/German speaker
Responsible for the expert evaluation and underwriting of SME businesses in line with agreed risk policies and individual discretions. Responsible for maintaining and promoting good governance, credit processes and agreed service levels. Ensuring Funding Circle values are being promoted internally and externally.
- Analyse credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Interpret and evaluate external credit reference agency data, undertake due diligence and risk assessment analysis.
- Generate and evaluate financial ratios, using internal credit tools, to evaluate client’s financial status.
- Interpret and evaluate market, sector, and portfolio considerations to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Timely completion of all applications within agreed service levels.
- Regular updating of internal and external risk systems, including risk monitoring systems, to ensure that data integrity within the portfolio is accurately maintained.
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity.
- Help to enhance the quality of credit applications
- Provide appropriate advice and guidance to colleagues ensuring that commercial opportunities are maximised without compromising Funding Circle’s risk management.
- Ensuring reportees underwrite within their given mandates and ensuring FCA, AML, KYC and Funding Circle guidelines and policies are being adhered to.
- Excellent analytical skills with a sound presence of commerciality and business focus.
- Ability to structure transactions based upon market sector, asset and security
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and manage time.
- Coaching and development of junior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, motivated, a strong team player.
Are you an ambitious, proactive individual who is looking to build a career with a fast-growing Fintech company?
Do you thrive when challenged to come up with better ways to do things? Do you express yourself and have plenty of ideas, but interested to hear others’ too?
Do you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but know how to enjoy yourself on a Friday night?! If so, we’d like to hear from you.