Senior Data Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small business win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
The data team makes sure that data at Funding Circle is reliable and easily accessible across the company. We leverage the latest technologies and a team of diverse backgrounds to build a data platform to address these challenges. We build tools to help us automate traditional data processing pipelines so that we can build data systems at scale. We also build tools to empower our analysts and data scientists in their day to day work.
Day to day you will be:
- Building internal tools and libraries for our engineers and internal customers
- Maintaining and monitoring our AWS data infrastructure
- We love pairing! Whenever you wish for knowledge sharing or learning between the teammates. Driving design and problem solving sessions.
- Researching and learning new tools and technologies in the data space
- Synchronising with the teams in London, San Francisco, and Bangalore
- Documenting the architecture and decisions made
- Working with our stakeholders to iterate on our data products
- Collaborating with the team to solve architectural challenges
- A great communicator! A real people person that connects easily with people and brings a strong positive energy to the table.
- Fired–up to achieve. Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Super organised. Someone who knows how to manage their workload, cope with multiple priorities and can organise their days and week effectively
- Quick to learn. You get things quickly, can take on feedback and understand how to explain complex concepts and products to our customers simply
- Good working knowledge of any of the following: SQL, Python, Clojure, Scala
- Looking forward to working in an international team
- We’re interested in meeting people from diverse education backgrounds and this role would suit someone who likes to help others
- You will have worked on one or two of the following: AWS:Glue, Athena, Redshift, Apache Airflow, Kafka, Spark, Terraform.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners, to us and to you.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.