Business Development Manager - Intermediaries
Our exciting and high-performing Broker sales channel needs an accomplished BDM to build new relationships with commercial property finance brokers and help them position unsecured business loans alongside their traditional product range.
You will be a self-starting hunter with a keen eye for untapped opportunities and a desire to build something long-lasting from the start.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with a real passion for building, developing and maximising business relationships, and being part of disruptive innovation in financial services. You will be responsible for exploring and testing a new market direction for our BD Team.
What will you be doing?
- Building Funding Circle’s presence among commercial property finance brokers, leading to the acquisition of borrowers through established brokers
- Searching for, acquiring and building new relationships with relevant business contacts including accountants, business coaches and brokers both by face to face, telephone, LinkedIn, and email
- Helping to develop and implement the team acquisition strategy (incl. which relationships and networks to target, in what order, and how, and assist with campaign/event planning)
- Partnering with a Broker Account Manager to track introduced loan applications and to assist with general analysis/reporting on business network activity on a weekly and monthly basis
- Working out of our London office, you will adapt a flexible working style, including travel to see brokers, focusing on London and the area around.
What will you bring to the role?
- Proven and extensive business development/sales experience as a senior member of the team
- CEMAP qualification would be highly advantageous
- Both a hunter and farmer, with an appetite to build something long-lasting from scratch
- Experience working with bank relationship managers or brokerages with access to SMEs would be highly advantageous
- Presence of an existing network of business contacts in the commercial property finance space would be highly advantageous
- Experience with explaining complex products or services to businesses and introducers
- Excellent relationship building and written and oral communication ability (ability to lead and control a phone discussion/negotiation/closing)
- Dedicated approach and self-starter, with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work towards KPIs, hit and exceed sales targets
- Strong organisational skills, together with a flexible attitude towards working hours and UK travel
Why join Funding Circle?
Manning the front line, you are the face of Funding Circle in your region and beyond. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage ambition and initiative.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure.
We offer a range of attractive benefits and a competitive salary package including uncapped, performance based bonus
(+ expenses budget, mileage, private health insurance, life assurance, 25 days holidays etc.)