Technical Project Manager - InfoSec
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
At Funding Circle Project Managers help ensure our shared vision of building a better financial world moving forward. Funding Circle Project Managers have a passion to collaborate with peers and stakeholders. Where others see problems you see opportunities. A successful Project Manager knows how to draw the best out of people and projects.
Project Managers are the driving force behind Funding Circle’s key projects and programs. PMs are often embedded into the team they work with and are tasked to ensure teams are aligned with the goals of the project and larger portfolio. Project Managers have the opportunity to work with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel. You may build detailed work plans, track milestones and build reports to communicate your teams’ successes to relevant stakeholders. Some PMs facilitate functional design and architecture sessions, as well as track and manage resolution of technical issues, pen test findings, audit actions etc.
- Accountable for end-to-end planning of one or more projects. Lead and negotiate scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for programs and initiatives.
- Working at a fast pace with cross-functional teams to problem solve and work through trade offs. Identifying and anticipating barriers to achieving the desired outcomes and with structured-thinking and creativity removing these obstacles. .
- Working with experts across the business to identify and manage risks, providing transparency and recommendations to leadership.
- Leverage a variety of project management and agile tools to deliver on project outcomes, goals and value propositions. Advocate for opportunities for process, technology, automation and product improvements, pilot small scale POC.
- Adhering to Funding Circle’s internal change governance standards. Setting up and ensuring effective project governance, creating transparency and clearly documenting project decisions and outcomes.
- Effectively communicating using a variety of methods to deliver clear information to leadership, peers and external stakeholders.
- You will have a proven track record of managing complex, cross-functional projects ideally in technology or information security
- You are confident in managing a range of stakeholders, creating well functioning project teams.
- You thrive on working at a fast pace with motivated and highly experienced colleagues.
- You are not afraid to speak up and can concisely and accurately communicate complex situations and guide stakeholders to make decisions.
- You enjoy problem solving and are tenacious in pursuing solutions.
- You have a willingness to learn and are open to feedback and continuous improvement.
- You are able to stay cool under pressure and keep focused on delivering outcomes.
- You are excited to be part of a high performing team and actively contribute to team culture.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.