Lead Frontend Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers in providing scalable Frontend solutions that enable building user interfaces across Funding Circle. Your team is in charge of creating and upholding a new standard for Front-end Engineering. Your day to day involves collaborating with the Product and Design teams as well as Engineering teams across different products.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- We work with Typescript, React and Gatsby. An understanding of pipelines (Drone and/or Terraform) and bundlers (Webpack and/or Module Federation) is important
- Creating a new component library with Storybook
- Supporting with the foundational components for our CMS
- Supporting our production systems
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- A senior who is able to drive and influence architectural decisions whilst mentoring and up-skilling more junior members of the team
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks and tools (ie. Jest, Cypress, Chromatic)
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Previous experience with Micro Frontends
- Previous experience with component libraries for multiple products and/or Front-end Platform engineering is a plus
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy loan applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions!
We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated and 106,000 jobs created!). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
Engineering at Funding Circle 🛠️
At the heart of our platform's success lies our extraordinary engineering & data teams. They are the architects and the driving force solving the technical challenges that grant 75% of our borrowers an instant decision. Technology is not just integral; it's pivotal to our mission, ensuring that our multi product platform continues to be the leader in cutting edge fintech products and reshaping the SME lending landscape, one small business at a time.
We’re all about boosting your career here at Funding Circle, and we've designed a comprehensive framework to guide you along the way. We encourage our team to reimagine their career progression, shifting away from conventional paths, and providing opportunities to explore both leadership and individual contributor (IC) roads.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 1-2 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.