CASS Reconciliations, Senior Analyst - 12 month FTC
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team where you will be responsible for completing the daily client money reconciliations. You will be involved in ad-hoc project work and will need to ensure that operational queries from stakeholders are responded to in a timely manner.
- Complete daily reconciliations of client money bank accounts in accordance with CASS rules.
- Lead month-end reconciliations.
- Be a process expert within the team, dealing with complex issues and delivering resolution.
- Be accountable for identifying and flagging risks to client money reconciliations as they arise.
- Work closely with the Product & Data teams on any systems changes or enhancements, testing the changes and ensuring controls have been built to mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with team members and other teams to identify needs for new processes as well as improvements to current processes.
- Test, implement and document any process changes and review procedures periodically to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Collaborate with team members and CASS Operations Manager to ensure and improve effectiveness of controls within the team.
- Lead Internal/External audits and compliance liaison.
- Be involved with ad-hoc project work.
It would be great if you also:
- Have 4-6 years of work experience with 3-4 year of experience in reconciliations.
- Have bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
- Are a quick learner and can hit the ground running.
- Have strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Have strong investigative and problem-solving skills and are passionate about continuous improvement.
- Possess excellent numerical skills.
- Have advanced Excel skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Work with integrity and discretion when handling confidential financial information.
- Can demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and are able to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Are a team player, who can take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy.
- CASS knowledge.
- VBA/Macro knowledge.
- Technical aptitude and/or experience developing systems and processes.
- An ambitious individual who is looking to continue their career with a Fintech company and are proactive with an appetite to improve processes and controls?
- Do you thrive when challenged to come up with better ways to do things? Do you express yourself and have plenty of ideas, but interested to hear others’ too?
- Do you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done?
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.