Sales Team Leader
Cultivating success in our Borrower Sales Team is the key to Funding Circle unleashing our potential as a dynamic, market-changing business and we are searching for an inspiring Team Manager to help make this happen.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals. Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story.
You will work closely with your team of Sales Executives (approx. 6-9 people, both Inbound & Outbound) to coach their performance and hone skills as they speak to these small business owners that have engaged with Funding Circle and looking to grow. A full-time manager, your interest in creating a high-performing team will see you take an active role in mentoring and coaching a diverse mix of direct reports, from fresh graduates to more experienced telesales professionals.
What will you be responsible for?
- Setting weekly targets for your team that will reach their monthly goals, and tracking performance against these targets
- You will motivate and energise your team, and bring create ideas on how to achieve this to the table
- Providing team members with regular feedback and holding 1:1s, KPI reviews and call shadowing sessions
- Coaching Account Managers to help them hit targets and develop their sales skills
- Setting clear objectives for individuals within the team, both short term and long term
- Leading the implementation of improvements to the sales process
- Contributing to the Direct Sales team strategy
- Being a leader and displaying leadership qualities consistent with Funding Circle sales DNA
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Experience as a Sales Team Leader/Manager (ideally 6-12 months in this type of role)
- Able to connect easily with others and demonstrate natural interpersonal & leadership skills
- You will have proven experience in a sales environment, working with a complex product
- You understand how to coach and mentor sales people, including juniors/graduates
- Motivated by success in numbers, and inspire your team to achieve your targets
- Outstanding time management skills and proficiency at multitasking
- Able to quickly analyse and interpret KPIs
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- Proactive and eager to bring new ideas to drive the performance of your team
It would be advantageous if you have:
- A passion about working in an innovative area of finance
- Knowledge or interest in the finance industry
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package, uncapped monthly bonus and realistic (but not easy) targets
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.