Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £15.2 billion to 135,000 small business owners. In 2022, lending through Funding Circle’s UK platform helped generate £6.9 billion in GDP while creating and sustaining 106,000 jobs. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within what we call the “Existing Borrower” team, a subsection of the Direct Sales team. They are the face of Funding Circle to our existing customers and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need. Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to a challenging and rewarding career in B2B sales.
What will you be doing?
As an Account Executive in Direct Sales, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every day you will speak to a diverse range of SME business owners to gain an understanding of their business, find out about their goals and explain how Funding Circle can help in achieving them. This involves:
- Working with 100% Existing Customers to generate new lead opportunities through business development
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone, email and SMS to cultivate successful relationships
- Pitching the Funding Circle proposition against alternative funding options available
- Managing a high-volume, fast-paced pipeline; supporting your clients through each stage of creating an application
- Being responsible for your own monthly target and continuously developing & improving your approach to help you get there
- Motivated by a career in sales and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- Able to easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- Organised and capable of managing your workload autonomously
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Interested in the FinTech industry as well as empowering small businesses
This role would equally suit a recent graduate/ school leaver, those post-apprenticeship as well as those with some recent sales experience.
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit!
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2-3 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning allowance AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.