Senior People Partner - Technology
We are looking for a Senior People Partner to support our Technology business.
As a Senior People Partner, you will partner with Funding Circle’s Tech leadership in the UK to identify, build, and execute HR strategies to meet business objectives. You will understand the critical business and technology priorities and proactively develop a People agenda that supports the business as it continues to grow while incorporating our values and adding to the strength of our culture. Your People agenda will include partnership across the People Team to deliver initiatives globally on performance management, organisational design, change management, managerial & leadership development, total rewards, culture & engagement and diversity & inclusion.
You must be able to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions while collaborating well across a global matrixed environment. You know how to coach, mentor and advise at all levels of the organisation. With senior leadership, you will bring and elicit the critical thinking necessary for navigating complex people situations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and naturally apply data and analytics to help inform trends, identify appropriate interventions and measure impact.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Creating strategic HR business partnerships across the business with senior stakeholder groups delivering on their people plans.
- Owning a central role in organisation design and change programmes by providing transformational advice to Senior Managers and refocusing organisational structures on strategic objectives
- Being an advocate of company culture, ensuring all people initiatives, solutions and programs are reflective of the values of the organisation.
- Working within the people partnering team to lead and support on the resolution of highly complex and / or high-risk people issues.
- Leading and driving discrete and ad-hoc projects related to organisation design and other people change processes.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business, you must be able to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions while collaborating well across a global matrixed environment.
- Coaching, mentoring and advising at all levels of the organisation. With senior leadership, you will bring and elicit the critical thinking necessary for navigating complex people situations.
- Applying data and analytics to help inform trends, identifying appropriate interventions and measuring impact.
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
- Experience as an Senior HR Business Partner supporting a global business.
- Experience supporting multiple senior executives. Ability to develop trusted relationships, credibility and influence, occasionally via remote working arrangements.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations in the UK and experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues.
- Experience of and/or led as appropriate the planning, design, delivery of cross HR-functional initiatives.
- Analytical mindset, capable of getting into detail with people data to draw insight. Must be comfortable using spreadsheets and creating pivot tables, v-lookups and other basic formulas.
- Assess training and facilitation needs and conduct 1:1 and group sessions tailored to deliver specific outcomes.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Experience or passion for tech and product-led companies.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.