Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
● Report directly into our Head of Group Reporting
● Run monthly consolidation matrix with elimination entries and creation of cash flow and revenue reporting analysis for the Group’s board packs.
● Work with senior management and local reporting teams to provide ad hoc technical guidance and write accounting papers.
● Liaise with and manage external service providers to create fund investor factsheets and board packs.
● Maintain IFRS 2 share based payment calculation and monitor dilution analysis.
● Calculate and monitor covenant compliance and support FCA reporting.
● Assist in preparing statements and notes for the annual and interim reports for the Group and subsidiaries including fund structures and support the external audit process.
● Assist in calculating and reconciling valuations and loss provisions, and assist in budgeting processes and analysis.
It would be great if you have:
● A recently qualified accountant (ACA, ICAS or equivalent), big four or similar experience a plus.
● In depth knowledge of IFRS accounting standards (e.g: IFRS 9 financial instruments), and experience in listed company consolidations and reporting. UK or German GAAP experience a plus but not essential.
● Competent user of excel formulas and/or accounting systems (experience of building and maintaining complex excel models / macros a plus).
● Self-motivated, organised and a clear communicator. Able to manage projects, prioritise work and escalate in a fast-paced environment.
● Able to work flexibly to meet tight deadlines during core reporting periods and collaborate with colleagues in different time zones.
● Ability to continuously improve processes and controls, analytical with a good attention to detail and able to learn, digest information and problem solve.
● Financial services experience / experience with expected credit loss models or valuations a plus.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.